[packman] Re: [PM] wxWidgets 2.8.4 (openSUSE 10.2/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat Aug 4 09:53:42 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, 4. August 2007 schrieb Martin Trautmann:
> Hi Toni,
>
> I downloaded your wxWidgets packages from packman.links2linux.org and
> they work great. I just wanted also to have the static versions. I had
> some trouble to create them which finally turned out to be a problem in
> wx-config scripts. The parameters $ldlibs_adv were not merged into
> $ldlibs_core even though adv is in 2.8 part of the core library (-lSDL
> was missing). I am not so good in creating patch files and packages for
> several platforms so I tell it to you just in case you like to add
> versions including the static libraries on packman.links2linux.org. I
> added the spec I used and the original version from you for comparison.
thx for the spec-file. I'll have a lokk at it and with the next wxWidgets
update I'll provide also a static wxWidgets package.

to create a patch/diff:
simply do a diff -Naur "your-file" "orig-file" > mypatch.diff
(without the quotes "")
and send the resulting file mypatch.diff to the packager. That's easy :)

have fun
> Martin
Toni