[packman] [PM] k3b 1.0 (openSUSE 10.2/i586)

Herbert Graeber herbert at links2linux.de
Sun Apr 22 13:08:48 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 22. April 2007 schrieb JaDa:
> Hi Rainer
>
> 19.04.2007 K3b 1.0.1 released! Your packeges conflicts with the packages
>  from http://software.opensuse.org/download/KDE:/Backports/openSUSE_10.2
> k3b-1.0.1-6.1.i586.

The actual packaging has been designed to avoid conflicts. The packman package
is based on the one form KDE:Backports, but adds the codecs RPM. If you are a
KDE:Backports user its k3b package usaually has a higher release or version
number, but should be compatible to codec package from packman.

> That your K3B package not always conflict with the openSUSE KDE Backports
> please give them a higher Version No. example old k3b-1.0-13.2 new
> k3b-1.0.1-200.1.

Using higher package release numbers means that is neccessary to follow
changes of the KDE:Backports package much more closely to get all SUSE
specific patches.

> So you stay far away from the openSUSE Backports and I
> have less work when I update via "smart 0.50"!

I will check if this is a smart specific problem. YAST and zypper work well
with the current situation.

Cheers,
Herbert