[packman] Packaging Pinot 0.60

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 06:34:59 CEST 2006

Hello all,

Two months ago I enquired on this mailing list about packaging my pet project
(a search tool, http://pinot.berlios.de/) for SuSE. Marcus Rueckert
kindly pointed
me to the Build Service at http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service

I have now successfully tested the new release on a friend's SuSE 10.1 machine,
and I was going to give the Build Service a go when I saw that access
is restricted
to known packagers.
At this stage, it would be great if someone who's experienced with packaging on
SuSE could double-check the spec file and maybe build RPMs which I would then
host on my project's web site.

All dependencies are available in stock SuSE, except :
- Xapian, for which Marcus built packages, see
http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/search/
- libtextcat, for which a SuSE-friendly SRPM is available, see
http://www.chez.com/colinf/rpms/
- antiword and unrtf; packages were available for previous SuSE releases
The SRPM I tried and built on SuSE is available at :
http://download.berlios.de/pinot/pinot-0.60-2.src.rpm
It is based on this spec file :
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/pinot/trunk/pinot.spec.in?op=file&rev=499&sc=0

If anyone is interested, please get in touch with me.
Thanks a bunch !

Fabrice