[packman] repo problem

Bob S usr at sanctum.com
Sun Oct 8 05:50:40 CEST 2006

On Saturday 07 October 2006 06:32, you wrote:
> Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > Pascal? Could you perhaps tell me what might be wrong here?
>
> Sure.
>
> > * Bob S schrieb am 05.10.06 um 07:27 Uhr:

> >> I hate to complain to a group who has done so much for SuSE Linux, but
> >> you have some broken packages. I have patiently waited for over a week
> >> now hoping that the problem would be discovered and corrected. Has not
> >> happened.
> >>
> >> The problem is simply that the packages are not receiving
> >> the correct paths in the smart metadata. Packages are being
> >> made for 10.1 and the meta files are being copied over as-is for the
> >> 10.0 branch. That simply does not work.
>
> Bob, wrong assumption.
> Of course we do not copy metadata as-is from 10.1 to 10.0.
>
> You are most probably using smart-0.42-13 (check with "rpm -q smart").
> That release had a bug because of a patch submitted by someone.
>
> Upgrade smart to 0.42-14, fixes the bug.
>
> If you use the smart package from the Build Service [1], I think it
> still has the bug, so better switch to my smart package in the "guru"
> repository.
>
> [1] http://software.opensuse.org/download/smart/
>
> cheers

Pascal, Marc,

Thanks so much for replying, especially so quickly, and I apologize for my
rash assumption.  You were right of course, I was using the buggy 13 and I
upgraded to your 14. Things are much better now.

I still have a dependency problem that I am unable to solve quickly but I will
ask on SuSE-e list about that.

Again, thanks for your support, and I think I can speak for a lot of the SuSE
people. You cannot even imagine how much your efforts are appreciated.

Regards to you all and please keep up your good work. You keep the clueless
people out here going in spite of their ineptitude.

Bob S.