[packman] interested in being a packager

Travis Nickles ryoohki7 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 08:38:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

My name is Travis Nickles and I would be interested in uploading and maintaining packages on PackMan. I have been messing around with making RPMs since I started using Suse sometime in July. Before using Suse, I had been a maintainer of about 26 PKGBUILDs on the Arch User-community Repository and I had made an unofficial Arch Linux repository with some of the packages that I had written PKGBUILDS for. Currently, I am maintaining packages for 11 programs on my own little repository; the package that I had created for Zsnes has been the most popular on my repository. I would like to make an effort to get more programs, particularly gaming-related programs, packaged for Suse and make them available to a large number of Suse users.

If anyone would like to check out the packages that I have been messing with, here is a link to the RepoView site for my repository.

http://bored.homelinux.net/suse/10.1/repodata/index.html

Most of the spec files for the packages could be improved and I would be willing to learn more about proper package conventions if I would be given the opportunity to help out; the kxmame and xmame-sdl packages are still being worked on but they work well enough for me to get my SFA3 fix. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Later,
Travis