[packman] [PM] MPlayer 1.0pre8 (SuSE 10.1/x86_64)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sat Nov 4 13:29:03 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. November 2006 23:02 schrieb wim:
> There are various RPM's for  the Mplayer, however only for SUSE 9.0
> up to SUSE 10.1. I'm using SUSE 8.0, do you have an RPM for this
> particular version ?

SUSE 8.0 is very old, there are no security updates for years. You
shouldn't use it anymore.

> Is it possible to use the source package ?

You can try it, but I don't think it will compile. The last time I've
build SUSE 9.0 packages, ffmpeg didn't compile (to old libs and to old
gcc) anymore and ffmpeg is the base of most Linux Multimedia apps. On
SUSE 8.0 you will have much more problems then on 9.0, so I think you
need to update the halve distribution to make it work. Compiling a old
MPlayer version can't be a solution because of the security problems in
older versions.

You realy should update to a more recent distribution.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/