[packman] audacity

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Tue May 30 19:26:37 CEST 2006

Hello,
There were a couple of reports on the Hungarian SUSE mailing list, that
audacity from packman on SUSE Linux 10.1 does not work as expected.
Blaming on language problems they were afraid to write you, so I
installed it and tested it, and I could reproduce their problems, both
on your original x86 package and on my PPC recompile too.

There are two problems:

- when you open an mp3 or wav file (I don't have other) and play it, the
time goes faster on screen than in reality. Current time on the scale
and on the graphs is displayed about twice as fast, as the file is
actually played. About at half time the green mark reaches the end and
stays there.

- all entries in the effect menu are grayed out, as if they were
unavailable, when they actually work fine.

Bye,
CzP