[packman] y2pmbuild

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Thu Mar 30 20:07:49 CEST 2006

Hello,

Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2006-03-30 18:19:49 +0200, Peter Czanik wrote:
>
>> What are you using guys to make reproducible PackMan packages? I was
>> already proved, that using plain, old rpmbuild alone leads to
>> unpredictable results, but now I'm also going mad from y2pmbuild... Bye,
>>

> where is your problem with y2pmbuild?

Actually, as Pascal already pointed out: my real problems are the spec
files :-( y2pmbuild works fine, as long as spec files are created with a
clean chrooted environment in mind. But about half of them are not,
that's why I was sending so many diffs. And there are already some, I
could not fix to compile with y2pmbuild, like transcode, and now
kaffeine. I'm spending my second full day with fighting non y2pmbuild
compliant PackMan packages...

BTW: the kaffeine problem might be not PackMan specific, as I had this
earlier with SUSE packages too:

100 packages to install
unresolvable dependencies:
*** Conflicts ***
Name: avahi-compat-mDNSResponder
Edition: 0.6.5-15
Referers: kdelibs3-3.5.1-32 requires libdns_sd.so, kdelibs3-3.5.1-32
requires libdns_sd.so
Conflicts-With: avahi-compat-mDNSResponder-0.6.5-15 conflicts with
mDNSResponder, avahi-compat-mDNSResponder-0.6.5-15 conflicts with
mDNSResponder
Remove-To-Solve-Conflict: kdebase3-devel, kdelibs3-devel, mDNSResponder

Some other typical mistakes are leaving out:
update-desktop-files
xorg-x11-devel
pkgconfig

I would be really glad, if PackMan package maintainers outside SuSE
would also compile their packages with y2pmbuild, as my life would be a
lot more simple... Bye,
CzP