[packman] old video card & suse 10.0

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Mon Mar 20 19:35:37 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 19. März 2006 22:56 schrieb ozboy at lizzy.com.au:
> Please, I have a Pinnacle Studio Pro TV card, and I can't get
> Kaffeine to work with SuSe 10.0 on a 2.6GHz Celeron machine.  My SuSe

AFAIK the Pinnacle Studio Pro TV is not a DVB Card for digital TV.
Analog cards doen't work with Kaffeine. You should use a programm like
kwintv or xawtv with this card.

> 9.1 worked ok, but I've done lots of downloads, and haven't found a
> solution.  It keeps telling me that my version of xine doesn't
> support DVD playback. help please??? newbie.  rjp

What exaktly do you have installed. You need to install the xine-libs, a
frontend (xine-ui, kaffeine, totem and/or gxine) and for commercial
DVD's you have to install libdvdcss (we do not have binary rpms for
legal reasons), too.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/