[packman] list of most frequent problems

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Sun Apr 2 22:49:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

Marcus Rueckert wrote:
>> Note that the same is true for "c_compiler" instead of "gcc"
>>
>> But that's not really critical, as most of the software we're packaging
>> wouldn't compile with anything else than gcc/g++ anyway ;)
>>
>> Also, don't forget to specify make and glibc-devel
>>

> why would we need to specify all the base system packages? how about
> adding awk, sed, bash too? how about coreutils?

These are all included in /etc/y2pmbuild/dists/10.1, so there is no need
to explicitly include them:
defaultpackages="aaa_base acl attr bash bind-libs bind-utils bison bzip2
coreutils cpio cpp cracklib cvs cyrus-sasl db diffutils e2fsprogs file
filesystem fillup findutils flex gawk gdbm-devel gettext-devel glibc
glibc-devel glibc-locale gpm grep groff gzip info insserv klogd less
libacl libattr libcom_err libgcc libnscd libstdc++ libxcrypt libzio m4
make man mktemp module-init-tools ncurses ncurses-devel net-tools netcfg
openldap2-client openssl pam pam-modules patch permissions popt procinfo
procps psmisc pwdutils rcs readline sed strace sysvinit tar tcpd texinfo
timezone unzip util-linux vim zlib zlib-devel autoconf automake binutils
gcc gdbm gettext libtool perl rpm"

>>> - missing pkgconfig (configure is not able to find requirements, this
>>> solved the transcode problems)
>>>

> i would not need this unconditionally.

I did not say, that it's required. I just ask to make it a
BuildRequires, if it's used, as it can cause a lot of interesting
troubles if missing, when needed (see the transcode thread...). And it's
often missing

>> Absolutely. Thanks again for your hard work :)
>>

> just bring them up on the list. i will advocate using y2pmbuild a bit
> more. that should ease your job. :)

Thanks :-) That would ease my work a lot. I'm not a programmer (at
least, Pascal is not considered a programming language by many
people...), so I really need a reproducible environment to find and fix
bugs.
BTW: I just found, how fantastic utility vimdiff is. I can't imagine any
better tool to compare two config.log file. But of course, I'm open to
any suggestions :-)
Bye,

--
CzP