[packman] Myth RPMs on packman ?

Simon Crute simon at geordie.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 12:58:32 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I was chatting to Yaloki on IRC last night, enquiring if you wanted to add my
MythTV RPMs to packman.

He suggested I send an email to the list, along with my spec files for them to
be looked over, ripped appart etc :-)

Just as a bit of background, I work for Novell in the UK Bracknell office
(IS&T, internal support). I can be got on #freenode as simon_c or AIM as
simoncrute, email to this address, or scrute at novell.com

The RPMs are based on the ATRPMs mythTV .SRPM files, with changes. All the
changes are in the build and install dependencies, and I think I've got the
all right. :-)

Currently the RPMs are hosted on
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-scrute/ if anyone wants them.
However, as nearly of the dependencies not in the base distro are in packman,
I suspect packman is the best place for them.

I'll send the spec files in two more emails.

--
Simon Crute