[packman] transcode RPM

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Fri Oct 7 13:10:23 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Simon Crute wrote:

> So, do you have any ideas how transcode got compiled for suse10 ?

I can't answer the rest of your questions, as I just compile pakcages for
PPC, but do not maintain them. Here is the diff, how I managed to compile
transcode on the last RC-s and alpha (not yet on the final 10.0, as my
local mirror is still not ready). It removes pvm support and makes it
possible to build with y2pmbuild-10.0.

czp:/trash/forras/ldvd # diff transcode.spec transcode.spec.orig
89a90
> Requires:     pvm
148a150
> BuildRequires:  pvm-devel
157,161d158
< BuildRequires:        libmpeg2-devel
< BuildRequires:  libpostproc
< BuildRequires:  SDL-devel
<
<
204a202,207
> %ifnarch x86_64 amd64 ia32e
>       --enable-pvm3  --with-pvm3-libs=%{_libdir}/pvm3/lib/LINUX
> %else
>       --enable-pvm3  --with-pvm3-libs=/usr/lib/pvm3/lib/LINUX64
> %endif

235a239
> %{_bindir}/tcpvmexportd
303a308,309
> %{_libdir}/%name/export_pvm.la
> %{_libdir}/%name/export_pvm.so
358a365,366
> %{_libdir}/%name/filter_dilyuvmmx.la
> %{_libdir}/%name/filter_dilyuvmmx.so
525a534,535
> %{_libdir}/%name/pvm_functions.la
> %{_libdir}/%name/pvm_functions.so

Basically I removed a few lines, and added some BuildRequires to satisfy
y2pmbuild. On a PC, you might still need the MMX related lines:
358a365,366
> %{_libdir}/%name/filter_dilyuvmmx.la
> %{_libdir}/%name/filter_dilyuvmmx.so
Which are unnecessary on PPC ;-)