[packman] Fix for the kaffeine-mozilla package on SUSE 9.3

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sat Apr 30 14:46:58 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 29. April 2005 09:54 schrieb Marcus Rueckert:

> wouldnt be /usr/lib/browser-plugins the better place? i think firefox
> will honor that too. At least my opera8 did

This is the place where the kaffeine plugin is installed (and all other
I've made rpm's for). SuSE itselfe installes all plugins there without
any other action. Mozilla or Firefox don't use the plugins from this
directory directly. SuSE has added the
scripts /opt/mozilla/bin/add-plugins.sh
and /opt/MozillaFirefox/bin/add-plugins.sh to add symlinks to the
browser individual plugin directory. The problem is, this scripts are
not flexible, they only handle known and with suse delivered plugins,
so other plugins in /usr/lib/browser-plugins are ignored.
I think a %post %preun solution with checking if mozilla and or firefox
plugin directories exist and linking there would be the best solution
(It's not perfect and wouldn't work when the browser is installed after
the plugin, but it's better then two different packages or fix links).

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/