[packman] Re: (fwd) packman hungarian mirror [Boldizsar.Nagy at sth.sze.hu]

Marc Schiffbauer marc at schiffbauer.net
Wed Oct 27 12:02:07 CEST 2004

* Waldemar Brodkorb schrieb am 27.10.04 um 11:41 Uhr:
> ----- Forwarded message from Boldizsar Nagy <Boldizsar.Nagy at sth.sze.hu> -----
>
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:30:13 +0200
> From: Boldizsar Nagy <Boldizsar.Nagy at sth.sze.hu>
> To: waldemar at links2linux.de
> Subject: packman hungarian mirror
>
> Hi!

Hi!

> We would like to set up an 7/24 Linux (SuSE, debian, fedora) mirror at our
> university, and are also planning to popularize Linux within our students. We
> made a poll about which distro would be used among students on desktop
> machines. Our students voted for SuSE. I am using SuSE too and would like to
> mirror packman to our local server (as an apt repository).
>
> My main questions are:
> Can i mirror Your packages?

Yes, if its for public as well then...

> What about the License issues (is it country dependent)?

I dont know anything about License issues in your country but I
*think* there is no problem...

> With what tool shall i mirror, and what url exactly?

please use rsync.

For that I need your gpg public key and the IP-Address of the mirror
server, as well as the http and/or ftp URLs under which the mirror
will be available.

You will then get an rsync account for that IP as well as some
required rsync parameters.

It might be usefull if you woul subscribe to the packman Mailinglist
as well.

(You can choose "english" in the upper right corner of the page)

-Marc