[packman] Request for additional packages

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Dec 21 20:04:33 CET 2004

Am Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2004 17:48 schrieb Quentin Denis:
> Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 22:52 schrieb John Hillier:
> > - OpenOffice
>
> Yes, looked at it some days ago... Manfred did the last versions, so
> if he still wants to maintain them you'll have to ask him. otherwise
> I could make them, at least the releases1

I have some problems with new OOo packages. First, it compiles very,
very long (about 12 hours on my Celeron 1 Ghz and I'm everything else
then perfect, so I have to do changes and compile, compile, compile)
and it's not easy to port all the SuSE-Changes to new versions and
different SuSE releases (the SuSE 8.2 package you can find at the
moment has taken me three weeks, just porting SuSE 9.0 package to 8.2
and adding PPC support).
The other thing is, OOo is very critical with gcc and j2sdk versions,
I've tested three gcc versions and five j2sdk implementations to find a
combination that works.
And last, but not least, the packages are big the upload takes ages with
128 Kbit upstream to upload.

So Quentin, if you want to do the job, I don't think, I will build new
versions next time.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/