[packman] Kodi: Want to test the upcoming release Omega 21?

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Mar 27 16:28:49 CET 2024

Hi there,

while I had hoped that Kodi 21 Omega will be released early this year,
it did not happen. We had several minor releases for Kodi 20 Nexus (up
to 20.5), but they only fixed minor issues.

We are currently in the situation that

  (a) Kodi Nexus 20.5 no longer builds on Tumbleweed due to some
      packages being too new for the old code base; we (Sagi and myself)
      don't plan to fix this anymore. The built packages should still be
      installable though.
  (b) Kodi Omega 21 has an RC2, which I thought I'd point your attention
      at. The packages are available in home:manfred-h:kodi-next. I test
      them sine the early beta versions without any issues.

If you're brave enough, I'd encourage you to test them on your system(s)
and would highly appreciate your feedback!

This is what you would have to do on your Tumbleweed system(s):

  sudo zypper ar
  http://pmbs-api.links2linux.de:8080/home:/manfred-h:/kodi-next/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ kodi-next.obs
  sudo zypper ref
  sudo zypper dup --allow-vendor-change --from kodi-next.obs

This will install kodi-21.0rc2-1699.2.pm.2.x86_64 along with updated
versions of thouse kodi.binary-addons you are currently using.

The same procedure would be possible for Leap 15.5 and 15.6, you'd just
need to exchange "openSUSE_Tumbleweed" with "15.5" or "15.6" depending
on your OS release.

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred