[packman] Gstreamer codecs outdated and conflict with gstreamer-plugins-bad-codecs-32bit

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at lake.dti.ne.jp
Mon Mar 11 09:10:37 CET 2024

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [packman] Gstreamer codecs outdated and conflict with gstreamer-plugins-bad-codecs-32bit
  Date & Time: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 14:09:12 +0000

Aaron <ukbeast89 at protonmail.com> has written:

> Hi, all I'm trying to install the plugins for wine and noticing the
> codec versions of bad and ugly has not been updated for a while now.
> Gstreamer is now 1.24 and gstreamer-plugins-bad/ugly-codecs is still
> on 1.22.7.
> Another issue is nothing provides 'libmodplug.so.1' needed by the to
> be installed.

> I'm guessing this should be reported to OpensSUSE instead of here.

Which distro are you using?

Tumbleweed meets all of your requirements, though.

Kind Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                             mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "As Google fights for positioning in a new AI boom and an era where
	  some consumers are turning to TikTok or ChatGPT instead of Google
	  Search, some employees now worry product development could become
	  dangerously hasty. The restructuring of RESIN has increased those
	  concerns, the sources say."

                                -- Google Splits Up a Key AI Ethics Watchdog --