[packman] ffmpeg-6 upgrade on TW is uninstallable

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 08:32:47 CET 2024

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024, 23:37:15 +0100, Andrei Dziahel wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> The ffmpeg-6 upgrade to 6.1 is uninstallable on my TW installation.
> Here's `zypper dup` output:
> https://paste.opensuse.org/pastes/e75e32c78fb2
>
> Is it just me or someone else got affected? Is it something undesirable?

You're not alone... This happens from time to time, when packages linked
from openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory are not yet released in an official
Tumbleweed snapshot. Packages get built on PMBS in their latest version,
but the then current TW snapshot does *not* necessarily have them.
One solution would be to link our packages against the sources of the
latest TW snapshot instead of openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory, but I
haven't found a solution for that; I asked on the buildservice mailing
list, but haven't received an answer yet.

If this happens, one needs to wait for the next TW snapshot :(
20240116 has just been released, so it should be installable again.

> TIA
> --
> Regards,
> Andrei Dziahel