[packman] [PM] ffmpeg-6 6.1.1-1699.3.pm.2 (openSUSE Tumbleweed/x86_64)

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 08:32:10 CET 2024

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024, 19:25:06 +0100, Rick Kunath wrote:
> I am not sure this is the correct address to report a package issue or not?
>
> There is an update error on Suse Tumbleweed:
>
> Problem: nothing provides 'libjxl.so.0.9' needed by the to be installed
> libavcodec60-32bit-6.1.1-1699.3.pm.2.x86_64
>
>  because the SUSE provided libjxl is only at version 0.8
>
> and:
>
> Problem: the installed libavfilter9-32bit-6.0.1-2.2.x86_64 requires
> 'libswresample.so.4(LIBSWRESAMPLE_4.10_SUSE)', but this requirement cannot
> be provided
>
> Possibly the second is related but the first is for a Packman package as is
> the second.

You're not alone... This happens from time to time, when packages linked
from openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory are not yet released in an official
Tumbleweed snapshot. Packages get built on PMBS in their latest version,
but the then current TW snapshot does *not* necessarily have them.
One solution would be to link our packages against the sources of the
latest TW snapshot instead of openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory, but I
haven't found a solution for that; I asked on the buildservice mailing
list, but haven't received an answer yet.

If this happens, one needs to wait for the next TW snapshot :(
20240116 has just been released, so it should be installable again.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> nath

HTH, cheers.

l8er