[packman] unsupported format

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at lake.dti.ne.jp
Sun Feb 18 00:27:57 CET 2024

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [packman] unsupported format
  Date & Time: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:56:49 -0500

[FM] == Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> has written:

FM>  Can someone ID, or tell me how to ID, the specific solution/codec for
FM>  inability to play the following?
FM>  <https://adtv.watch/answers-in-genesis/a-young-earth>
FM>  Instead of playing any video, one of the two following messages occur:
FM>  [quote]
FM>  The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed
FM>  or because the format is not supported.
FM>  [/quote]
FM>  or
FM>  [quote]
FM>  No compatible source was found for this media.
FM>  [/quote]
FM>  Either of these two occur in Leap 15.5 with Falkon, Firefox, Pale
FM>  Moon and Chromium.
[...]

I think it is not a client issue.

It is because the video contains the codec h.264, which is not
supported by the video system of the relaying server?

You can find out by downloading the video by youtube-dl (or yt-dlp)
and  watching the playback it.

Best Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                             mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "Maddox hopes that empowering users to pick their own algorithms will
	  get them to think more about what’s involved in making them. "

	-- Bluesky's Custom Algorithms Could Be the Future of Social Media --