[packman] Kodi 21 - crash

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Apr 8 19:36:01 CEST 2024

Hi Eric,

On Mon, 08 Apr 2024, 18:17:26 +0200, Eric Schirra wrote:
> Am Montag, 8. April 2024, 17:15:48 CEST schrieb Manfred Hollstein:
> > [...]
> > No, this is only because of the too old libass9 in Leap 15.5 *and* 15.6
> > (as usual), why we needed to link the package from openSUSE:Factory to
> > PMBS Multimedia/A_15.x-libass - but the real reason is, Upstream should
> > have increased the SOname/number - unfortunately, they didn't.
> >
> > Your solution would be
> >
> >   sudo zypper up ----allow-vendor-change --from "Your-PMBS-Multimedia.repo"
> > libass9
>
> Okay.
> Now I have libass9 from packman.
> Kodi can now be started.
>
> But that's it.
> No sound.

What type of sound device are you using? It works for me on an onboard
sound (Dell and Intel), and via HDMI. Are you sure it works in other
applications? Sound is not muted?

> Addons no longer work. No ARD or ZDF mediathek.

Works for me!

> No Prime addon either.

Sorry, that's not supported at all.

> Would say that 21 is not yet "mature".

Perhaps you should have joined the "Kodi: Want to test the upcoming
release Omega 21?" But now that the child is in the well, please
describing your actual setup (OS, hardware, kodi addons) as detailed as
possible. In addition you could enable debugging output in Kodi and have
a look at ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log. When you find something in there,
please let us know.

> Is there still a possibility to switch back to version 20?

No, it's very similar to when you requested a python version for Leap
which wasn't possible/available at that time.

> Regards
>  Eric

Cheers.

l8er