[packman] Kodi v21.0 Omega has been released

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Apr 8 17:21:39 CEST 2024

Hi there,

On Sun, 07 Apr 2024, 20:00:02 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> JFYI
>
>   <https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-21-0-omega-release/>
>
> For me the most obvious issue was, that the former default skin
> "Confluence" is no longer supported/compatible - switching to the
> "Estuary" skin is easy, though.
>
> Packages will be available in the usual Multimedia repository from
> Packman, depends on the speed of your mirrors.

The packages have apparently arrived, but it appears that there might be
issues with them on Leap 15.5 and 15.6 :( In case your updated Kodi
version doesn't work, the reason probably is an outdated version of
package libass9 provided by Leap. When you're hit by this issue, you
should:

  sudo zypper up ----allow-vendor-change --from "Your-PMBS-Multimedia.repo" libass9

Thanks to Eric Schirra for his feedback!

HTH, cheers.

l8er
manfred