[packman] restoring ffDiaporama

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Fri Sep 8 18:14:49 CEST 2023

Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:59:17 +0000 (UTC) Kye Westwood <ivory.lake at yahoo.de>:

> I want to make ffDiaporama 2.1

Does it really need to be version 2.1? The pkg used to exist, but was dropped in 2017 because it is unmaintained, and likely failed to build at that time.

At some point there was a change to use ffmpeg v3: https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/2710

The last state can be found here:
https://ftp.fau.de/packman/suse/openSUSE_13.2/Essentials/src/ffDiaporama-2.2+svn488-1.2.src.rpm

It used to be in prj Essentials. I think it is not essential, even if it might be important to have for you.

It seems there are further changes in the Debian package.  I think you should start from this last state, and see how to fix it for current Leap. In case an old version is really required, it needs extra care for the old ffmpeg and x264, to avoid conflicts with other versions of the same pkg.

Olaf