[packman] Kodi + Amazon

Eric Schirra eric at schirra.net
Sat Oct 14 13:50:18 CEST 2023

Am Samstag, 14. Oktober 2023, 13:24:41 CEST schrieb Manfred Hollstein:

> I believe this is the source of your problem! "from __future__ import
> annotations" is only available from Python3.7 onwards, but Leap 15.5
> only has 3.6
>
> While there are python3.9, up to python3.11 available, almost all
> additional python modules do not exist for 3.9 or 3.11, though, so I'm
> afraid you're stuck on Leap 15.5. Tumbleweed would be the way to go I
> think!

I already suspected that.
But then you must not update the package for Leap if it does not run. I notice
this more often. In Packman but also in suse obs. There are simply built
package, which are built without error, but due to missing dependencies later
do not run.

Especially in python this happens more often because of the long dead python
in Leap.
Tumblewedd I do not like, because too unstable for me. I know it is super
stable etc. In the mailing list you just read other things. Especiallys, if
you also want to run a server with it. But is another topic.

Do you know %{?sle15_python_module_pythons}?
With this you can build python311 packages for Leap.
I myself have in my Homerepo now about 800 package in 311 for Leap. Why this
is not done centrally is not clear to me. Everyone must do this for
themselves. In my opinion a complete nonsense. But well, maybe I do not
understand the reason.
But couldn't it be done that way in Packman?
Then you could also offer a working kodi with 311.
So kodi is more or less broken under Leap.

Regards
 Eric