[packman] Workers for x86/_64 are borked :-)

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 9 15:17:59 CEST 2023

Hi Stefan,

On 09.10.23 13:01, Stefan Botter wrote:
> I see, that some - if not all - builds for Slowroll fail on my workers
> (buildwk1 and 3) like in the above described scenario.
> Do you have an idea?

Is there a kernel-obs-build in slowroll? If yes, is it used?
Maybe something missing from the prjconf on build.o.o?

> OBS_VM_KERNEL and OBS_VM_INITRD are not set, and most other
> distributions work (we had a report about xUbuntu a few days ago).

You could unpack the current kernel-obs-build of TW or Leap and copy the
contents to /boot/kernel.obs.guest and /boot/initrd.obs.guest *on the
build host*, then this should be used for booting the build VMs.

Setting OBS_VM_KERNEL and OBS_VM_INITRD are only a last resort because I
*think* this would also override the kernel-obs-build for distributions
where that works. But the build code (in this case
/usr/lib/build/{build-vm,build-vm-kvm}) is convulted and I might be
wrong here.

Good luck :-)

Stefan
--