[packman] (Tumbleweed) Intel HD5500 driver issues

Ilgaz Öcal ilgaz at ilgaz.gen.tr
Thu Jul 27 20:56:11 CEST 2023

Hello

I started to have several screen blanking (GPU reset?), switching to
software rendering (llvm) issues under openSUSE TW. I am using packman
drivers so I can take advantage of VAAPI.

Attaching dmesg and inxi outputs. Notice I snapshotted inxi output 2
times, once with system running with llvm and another after it
mysteriously closed X11 (wayland) with all apps and loaded the correct
GPU driver. GPU driver blanks out couple of times too.

Have a nice day

Ilgaz Öcal