[packman] Kodi+Wayland+Widevine

Ailin Nemui ailin.nemui at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 07:50:19 CEST 2023

Hey,

Manfred wrote:

> BUT, if you can share the changes you did, I can test if those will
> work on my configuration, too, which is X11 on an Intel on-CPU GPU
> (various models). We can then see how to move forward.

thanks for your message. I have prepared the diff (which is quite
small, just enable the bcond and add a missing dependency & define) as
well as you can probably just download the binaries from obs to try
them:

https://pmbs-api.links2linux.de/package/rdiff/home:ailin_nemui:branches:Multimedia/kodi?opackage=kodi&oproject=Multimedia&rev=5

This will compile kodi with GLES instead of GL, and fix/workaround the
Netflix/DRM issue in the meantime. I have also opened an issue on
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/23525 in case this problem can be
fixed in Kodi for Wayland/GL later by them.

Let me know what you think and if these packages work for you as well.

Best,