[packman] HOWTO: Re-enable AMD/ATI/Radeon GPU Hardware Acceleration for Linux (OpenSUSE)

Steven Swart steven.swart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:19:54 CET 2023

Good day, Packmans!

Some of you might be interested to know that I have finally completed work
on my HOWTO.

This HOWTO was compiled and consolidated from hastily made notes that I
made in a text document while I was busy trying to figure out my custom
driver build procedure. These instructions might not yet been entirely
correct.

I wrote this document with an audience in mind that would have people in it
who might be Linux users, but not necessarily experts at installing
software from source. Consequently, the instructions are quite detailed.

Right now, I am looking for beta testers. I want to confirm certain things,
like command line correctness, any dependencies I may have missed, etc. If
you spot anything else that is wrong, or have any other suggestions for
improvements or additions, I'd like to hear them as well.

I am not going to post the HOWTO on this forum, I am just being cautious
from a legal point of view.

But, if you want to be one of my beta testers, or indeed would like a copy
of my document for any other reason whatsoever, feel free to drop me a
direct, (private!), email, and I will send you a link to the PDF.

For the next while, I am going to be busy getting ready for my appointment
this afternoon, so I probably won't respond immediately. But, I promise to
honour all requests, it may just take me some time. I should be back home
later this evening.

Kind regards,
Steven.