[packman] Publishing in PMBS

Stefan Botter packman at botter.cc
Tue Feb 21 11:04:51 CET 2023

Hi Eugene,

On Mon, 2023-02-20 at 23:15 +0200, Євген Попов wrote:
> First of all, thank you for activating my account. I already branched the package I needed and built it successfully. But now I can't figure out how to publish it properly: the publish flag for this repository is enabled and I can even see the rpms and can download them, but the link to the download repository is somehow broken and returns 404. Also, I can't find any documentation on the PMBS. How to properly publish a package in PMBS?

Publishing in packman is a layered process. We publish the repositories
of the projects Essentials, Extra, Games and Multimedia using hooks in
the build system's publisher to a staging server, where the packages are
singed with the published gpg key, introduced in the database for the
web page https://packman.links2linux.{org,de}, and prepared as download
repositories for the mirrors, which pull the then ready-to-use repos in
their schedule.

All other projects are not published in the sense of "public
availability". This is done to prohibit abuse, and conserve bandwidth of
the build system, which currently is hosted on a rented machine with an
ample, but nevertheless limited bandwidth, which it shares with several
other services running on the same host.

So, to answer your question for properly publishing in PMBS: build the
package in your home, submit it to one of the above mentioned projects.

Greetings,

Stefan