[packman] [PM] kodi 20.2-150400.4.pm.1 (openSUSE_Leap 15.4/x86_64)

Tom Weinmann weintom at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 11:37:29 CET 2023

Dear packman

We are using Kodi on Leap 15.5. Some AddOns are failing with: Error
Contents: future feature annotations is not defined ...
Apparently this is to be expected since default python3 refers to
python3.6 on leap15.5 and future annotations requires at least 3.7.

Is there a simple way to specify the python interpreter at Kodi launch?
(I don't like to mess with our systems default python interpreter path).

Since standard Leap repos provide python3.10 (or newer) would it be an
option to add that dependency and compile Kodi to use this newer
interpreter by default (something like -DPYTHON_PATH=... -DPYTHON_VER=...)?

Best regards,
Tom