[packman] Ffmpeg-6 only for Tumbleweed/Slowroll?

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Dec 20 09:45:12 CET 2023

Hi Olaf,

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023, 07:21:45 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Tue, 19 Dec 2023 15:56:00 +0100 Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net>:
>
> > Does anybody know of a reason why we shouldn't enable the latter two, too?
>
> There are already "Prefer:" settings for ffmpeg, which makes it safe
> for most packages. But for some reason xine-lib and chromium need
> further tweaking of the existing Prefer settings.

xine-lib-12 seems easy, it just needs some explicit versions numbers for
libavutils and libpostproc, too. Now it builds with ffmpeg-6. SR:

  https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/5912

By "chromium" do you mean "chromium-ffmpeg-extra" from the Extra
project? It currently doesn't even build for Tumbleweed (some "epoxy"
piece is missing), but I'll check the ffmpeg dependencies, too.

> Olaf

OK to enable Leap 15.5 and 15.6 in A_tw-ffmpeg-6?

Cheers.

l8er
manfred