[packman] [PM] ffmpeg-4 4.3.1-6.8 (openSUSE Tumbleweed/x86_64)

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 14 10:16:27 CEST 2020

Am Montag, 12. Oktober 2020, 20:44:47 schrieb Olaf Hering:
> Am Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:24:04 +0200
>
> schrieb "w.pelser" <w.pelser at web.de>:
> > missing link from libavutil56 to libavutil56_51
>
> In case such issue still exists, it must be addressed in Tumbleweed instead
> of PMBS.

Although, I think that link is "missing" intentionally. The point of renaming
the libs (to libavcodec58_91, libavutil56_51 and similar) in the first place
was that they are *not* fully compatible with libavcodec58, libavutil56 and so
on, AIUI.
Adding a symlink would basically revert that change, and it would be easier to
just remove the patch (that renames the libs) then from the openSUSE package
again.

Installing the libs from ffmpeg-3 (libavcodec57 and libavutil55 e.g., which
are still available on Packman) should help here as well though, at least if
the affected applications still support them (Firefox at least does).

In the case of self-compiled stuff, you might just have to recompile it
against openSUSE's (or Packman's for that matter) ffmpeg 4.3.

A different solution I suppose would probably be to also add back ffmpeg-4.2
to openSUSE and/or Packman for compatibility.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang