[packman] x264 downgrade

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Mar 30 18:35:57 CEST 2020

Am Montag, 30. März 2020, 17:11:12 CEST schrieb Antonio Larrosa:
> Hmm, I'm afraid I cannot help you here.

Well, you did, Antonio ;-).

> I don't know why it was reverted but it seems [1] is the commit that
reverted the upgrade.

> [1]
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/rdiff/Staging/libx264?linkrev=base&rev=
> 4

Obviously, enzokiel upgraded this package 2020/03/25, and downgraded it 3 days
later. Unfortunately without leaving a hint, why.

Erroneously, I attributed this change to you, since it appeared as such in my
local build logs.. Sorry.

> In any case, I submitted [2] to update the package to the latest git version
> and use a _service since upstream stopped providing daily snapshots (see
> [3])

Great, thanks. Looks sane.

> [2] https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/5055
> [3]
> ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/x264/snapshots/x264-snapshot-20191218-R
> EADME.txt

Cheers,
Pete