[packman] PMBS back up - for now --- was: Re: PMBS down

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 20 08:31:03 CEST 2020

Hi Manfred, hi all,

On Freitag, 17. Juli 2020 09:15:58 CEST Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> Moin Stefan,
>
> pmbs.links2linux.org cannot be reached at the moment. Can you please
> take a look?

I have been on vacation for the past 3 weeks, and as I found out, the
air conditioning device for the data room, where the servers are hosted,
broke down about 12 days ago. In response I moved all VMs to only one of
my hosts, and shut down everything else, to reduce the heat production
in that room.
Last Thursday my UPS made an emergency shutdown because of the high
ambient temperature in the data room. Unfortunately the both the storage
backends and the switches connecting them are UPS-only, and so ...

I am back today and could restart everything. The aircon is still
broken, the room is quite warm, and it is possible, that the UPS will
shut down everything again.
I am in contact with the maintenance staff, but as of now I do not know,
when everything will be back to normal.

Greetings,

Stefan
--