[packman] Fwd: ffmpeg-4/Mozilla Firefox problem / [PM] ffmpeg-4 4.3.1-4.1 (openSUSE Tumbleweed/x86_64)

w.pelser w.pelser at web.de
Sun Jul 19 15:15:43 CEST 2020

Betreff: 	ffmpeg-4/Mozilla Firefox problem
Datum: 	Sun, 19 Jul 2020 14:59:50 +0200
Von: 	w.pelser <w.pelser at web.de>
An: 	bjorn.lie at gmail.com

Hallo!

My bugzilla account is lost.

So I chose this way. Sorry, if it is unusual or so.

Since update to version 4.3.1 Firefox can´t play videos on my machine
(OS tumbleweed).

It seems to me,  that Firefox is only searching for files with two
numbers behind the *.so. , needs a libavcodec.so.58 symlink and can´t
deal with only a libavcodec.so. 58.91 symlink for instance, which comes
with the rpm package(s).

My solution is, to add symlinks in /usr/share/lib64 from
libavcodec.so.58 to libavcodec.so.58.91 and to the other similar files too.

Maybe this mail could be helpful.

Or it is only a special case of my installation, than you can forget
this mail please.

Thanks

Walther Pelser