[packman] Fwd: vlc-vdpau-Update in Tumbleweed (x86_64) today

Konstantin Malakhanov malakhanov at gmx.de
Sat Mar 16 16:36:29 CET 2019

Betreff: 	vlc-vdpau-Update in Tumbleweed (x86_64) today
Datum: 	Tue, 12 Mar 2019 23:41:52 +0100
Von: 	Thomas Marquardt <thomas9-11 at gmx.de>
An: 	packman-owner at links2linux.de

Dear Sir,
i just updated my Tumbleweed with your new vlc- & packman-packages.
Nearly all vlc-packages are now version 3.0.6-7.2.x86_64. Also for the
vlc-vdpau-package "zypper if" shows me this version 3.0.6-7.2.x86_64
from YOUR repo. But "zypper dup" prefered the version
vlc-vdpau-3.0.6-4.1.x86_64 from Open-Suse's own Main-Repository (OSS)!
For me this sounds not so good, but i'm really no expert.
If this sounds like a (little?) problem also for you:
It's only MY problem, maybe because of a bad configuration on my PC?
Or it rather sounds like a general problem for many, many Tumbleweed-users?
(I hope i have a standard-installation of packman. Packman-Essentials?
That i was long-time unable to install updates to tumbleweed long time
ago should not contribute to this problem. Correct?)
I would be happy, if i could maybe help a little bit with this mail.
Thanks for reading it!
All the best,
Thomas Marquardt.