[packman] Kodi Leia PVR Addons: Fail to build due to an error in a tarball in a tarball...

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 10:23:28 CET 2019

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019, 09:35:06 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2019, 07:54:20 +0100, Dave Plater wrote:
> > On 1/17/19, Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net> wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > which would then #include <bits/types.h> for the missing types? Don't
> > > know, though, where the #define for 'la_ssize_t' and 'la_int64_t' should
> > > then come from, but that is probably the usual configure trickery.
> > >
> > > How is such a file in a tarball in a tarball supposed to be patched? Or,
> > > how is the first tarball generated?
> > >
> > With great difficulty, you have go past the %cmake stage after which
> > all the sources are unpacked in the right places and then make your
> > patch using diff. There are two patches applied at that stage atm.
>
> thanks for your explanation, Dave! Yes, I found it myself in the
> meantime.  Unfortunately, the small change I had in mind doesn't help :(
> So, I'm looking for a proper change.

... which requires a newer version of libarchive13 :( I just branched
the package from Leap 15.0 and built it for Leap 42.3. Using that
instead of Leap 42.3's own one now allows to successfully build
kodi.pvr-addons...

Question: can we provide the newer version via the Essentials project?

> > Regards
> > Dave

Cheers.

l8er