[packman] Kodi Leia

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Sat Jan 5 10:50:40 CET 2019

Moin again,

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019, 19:58:24 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Fri, 04 Jan 2019, 16:15:25 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> > > updated packages for libdrm and libmicrohttpd allowed building kodi
> > > successfully now. I'll wait for your kodi-binary-addons package for
> > > testing... ;)
> >
> > thanks to Olaf's help, we now have a newer libmicrohttpd in Multimedia,
> > thanks a lot Olaf! This leaves libdrm being out of date, still playing
> > _some_ role in the graphics stack of the underlying OS. What do other
> > people think about serving these packages here, not getting them from
> > openSUSE:Leap:42.3{,:Update}? I can certainly live with them coming from
> > my own home: repo, but this might not be acceptable for others, so...
> > Any ideas, opinions?
>
> Update: the libdrm packages are not needed at runtime, so it would be
> possible to link e.g. openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Leap:15.0/libdrm, build and
> enable, but do not publish it for 42.3. This way we would not impact a
> user's installation of base packages.

Update2: I now tested kodi-18.0rc4-160.2.x86_64 on my openSUSE_Leap_42.3
system and found it to be fully usable; the only thing missing yet is the
vuplus PVR addon, but you're working on it AFAIU. Quick correction to my
last message: I meant "the _updated_ libdrm packages are not needed at
runtime", of course! I did not have to change any of the installed
original libdrm* packages on my system in order to install the new kodi
package.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred