[packman] Kodi Leia

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu Jan 3 15:47:01 CET 2019

Hi Sagi,

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018, 20:46:33 +0100, Sagi Ben-Akiva wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Which version of openSUSE do you use?
> My guess is Tumbleweed, because it uses libnfs version 3.0.0 which provides
> sover 12 for Tumbleweed
> I think there was an issue with my home project.
> I'm currently rebuilding, you can try it once finished.
> I merge my changes in kodi-next package to kodi, so you should use it.
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/home:sagiben/kodi

it looks like the new version doesn't build for openSUSE_Leap_42.3. I
still prefer that OS version over 15.0 (due to several reasons), so I
looked at the build issues and branched your package in my home repo.

It appears that the new Kodi requires new versions of the following
packages (at least):

  libdrm
  libmicrohttpd

In order to be able to build the new Kodi version I also branched these
packages from openSUSE:Leap:15.0 in my OBS home repo and am using them
now to build Kodi. If you're interested you can find the logs at
<https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/live_build_log/home:manfred.h/kodi/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64>

As these package updates/upgrades might/will have an influence on other
components like the Mesa stack, I thought I'd check here what others
think about this...

Anyway, I'll report back, when I get any further information as to
whether this works, or if any other changes are required.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred