[packman] Updating gPodder to latest release series?

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Feb 22 22:16:28 CET 2019

Dear PackMan list,

(I hope this is the right place for these types of questions. If not,
please direct me to the appropriate place.)

I see that the latest version of gPodder (i.e., the ‘gpodder3’ package)
in PackMan is gPodder 3.9.6, which was released in 2017. This was the
last release based on Python 2, and the release notes said: ‘For Linux
and other operating systems, we recommend upgrading to Python 3 / Gtk+3
/ PyGObject via the 3.10.x release series.’

There have been several releases of gPodder in the meantime, and version
3.10.7 was released on 2019-02-01. Since Python 3 is now well supported
on Linux, is there a chance you could update the ‘gpodder3’ package to
the latest gPodder version?

Note that there’s also a ‘gpodder’ package in PackMan, containing
gPodder 2.20.3 (from 2012!). Perhaps this should be retired, leaving the
‘gpodder’ package name for the *current* gPodder version? People may
very well install the old version by mistake.

Karl Ove Hufthammer