[packman] Updates for x265 and libx264 (now support 10/12 bit color depths)

Antonio Larrosa antonio.larrosa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:55:07 CET 2019

El dom., 17 feb. 2019 a las 18:09, Manfred Hollstein (<manfred.h at gmx.net>)
escribió:

> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 08 Feb 2019, 08:27:29 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > Am Tue, 5 Feb 2019 23:15:24 +0100
> > schrieb Antonio Larrosa <antonio.larrosa at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > I've updated libx264 to a recent snapshot which now supports 10-bit
> output.
> >
> > Please make sure to also fix the resulting build errors. vlc is not
> prepared for the new API. gstreamer-plugins-bad in suse_version==1315 is
> not prepared either, I added a workaround by sticking with the old pkg.
>
> the situation really hasn't improved at all. Packages like vlc (incl.
> the vlc-codecs sub-package) and handbrake-1.0.7 still fail to build due
> to the incompatible API of the new libx264. While Antonio's work is
> really well appreciated, it didn't help other packages, which used to
> work and were builable before! Shouldn't we roll back to the state of
> libx264 before this patch and move the patches to the new Staging repo?
> Right now, installing vlc on Leap 15.0 is not amusing, or even possible :(

I'm sorry. I had a look some days ago to vlc and noticed it was failing due
to the fdk update, so I fixed that and noticed it built fine on TW, but
didn't notice it was still failing in Leap 15.0.

I have now submitted https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/4402 and
https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/4403 to fix it in Leap 15.0 and
15.1 respectively. It seems 42.3 builds fine.

I also submitted https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/676181 to fix it
in obs, which should arrive soon to Factory.

I'll now have a look at handbrake. If there's anything else left to do,
please tell me (here, or on irc)

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa