[packman] Updates for x265 and libx264 (now support 10/12 bit color depths)

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Sun Feb 17 18:09:06 CET 2019

Hi there,

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019, 08:27:29 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am Tue, 5 Feb 2019 23:15:24 +0100
> schrieb Antonio Larrosa <antonio.larrosa at gmail.com>:
>
> > I've updated libx264 to a recent snapshot which now supports 10-bit output.
>
> Please make sure to also fix the resulting build errors. vlc is not prepared for the new API. gstreamer-plugins-bad in suse_version==1315 is not prepared either, I added a workaround by sticking with the old pkg.

the situation really hasn't improved at all. Packages like vlc (incl.
the vlc-codecs sub-package) and handbrake-1.0.7 still fail to build due
to the incompatible API of the new libx264. While Antonio's work is
really well appreciated, it didn't help other packages, which used to
work and were builable before! Shouldn't we roll back to the state of
libx264 before this patch and move the patches to the new Staging repo?
Right now, installing vlc on Leap 15.0 is not amusing, or even possible :(

Cheers.

l8er
manfred