[packman] projectm

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Mon Dec 2 20:37:18 CET 2019

Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 at 4:18 PM
From: "Manfred Eifler" <manfred.e at freenet.de>

> Hallo,
>
> ich nutze projectm mit qmmp und musste feststellen, dass die Version 3.1.0-lp151.10.45 von Packman gar keinen Rythmus hat. Wenn ich auf die opensuse-Version 3.1.0-lp151.3.6 downgrade ist der Rytmus wieder da. Vielleicht könnt ihr mal schauen, was da los ist.

Hello,
I'm responsible for the last few updates to multimedia:apps/projectM and I can tell you
that using its libraries from third-party applications has become nearly impossible.
The API has changed and one of them is not even being created anymore, plus some symbols
are no longer exported and upstream appears to be interested solely in the stand-alone
projectM.

So, unless someone with more C++-fu than me comes to the rescue, I'm afraid any problem
is going to stay there for the foreseeable future.

Regards