[packman] GStreamer problems preventing MTP sync

IBBoard ibboard at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:58:50 CEST 2018

I've posted about this on the openSUSE forums[1], but no-one has been
able to help me yet.

My basic problem is that audio plays perfectly fine, but I can't sync
music to my Android phone over MTP using Rhythmbox because of a
GStreamer error.

 From what I've been told then this is normally because of "mixing"
openSUSE and Packman versions of GStreamer, but as I'm running openSUSE
Tumbleweed then it seems to be impossible to avoid using Tumbleweeds
GST-good and Packman's GST-Bad/Ugly.

If I run this sample GStreamer pipeline to convert an M4A (AAC) file to MP3:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=src.aac ! qtdemux name=demux demux. !
queue ! faad ! lamemp3enc quality=2 bitrate=192 cbr=true demux. ! queue
! faad ! lamemp3enc quality=2 bitrate=192 cbr=true ! id3v2mux ! filesink
location=out.mp3

then I get:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:demux: Delayed
linking failed.
Additional debug info:
./grammar.y(510): gst_parse_no_more_pads ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:demux:
failed delayed linking some pad of GstQTDemux named demux to some pad of
GstQueue named queue1
Redistribute latency...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:demux: Internal
data stream error.
Additional debug info:
qtdemux.c(6033): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQTDemux:demux:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

If I run a minimal command line of "gst-launch-1.0 filesrc
location=src.aac" then I still get:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0: Internal
data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2939): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked (-1)
Execution ended after 0:00:00.000041027
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I've currently got v1.12.5-4.2 of the Packman packages and v1.12.5-1.1
of the openSUSE packages installed, and 3.4.2-4.1 of Rhythmbox.

Can anyone point me to any known issues, or ways of debugging this?

Thanks.

[1]
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/530684-Rhythmbox-won-t-sync-to-phone-quot-Could-not-open-resource-for-writing-quot