[packman] libx264-152 very slow

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 18:07:55 CET 2018

Hi there,

I normally convert my .ts videos using h264 format in handbrake.
Normally its encoding rate is around 90-100 fps, but I currently only
get around 16 fps using libx264-152 on openSUSE_Leap_42.3. This means
that encoding a video takes longer than the video itself lasts...

I compared this yesterday with an old openSUSE_Leap_42.2 installation,
which still has libx264-148, and performance there is as to be expected.

Do other users see the same? Is there a chance we can revert the change?

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred