[packman] mythweb packaging error?

packman at howorth.org.uk packman at howorth.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 11:46:27 CEST 2018

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:48:52 +0200
Dave Plater <davejplater at gmail.com> wrote:

>I've just looked at the package and it now shows php7 requirements,
>must have rebuilt.
>Regards
>Dave

How very confusing. So after I forced a refresh of the repository I
could see it and installed it with no errors or hints to look at a
readme or whatever that I could see. Then I restarted apache but now
apache won't start. It says:

Jul 23 10:31:54 acer-suse start_apache2[27762]: AH00526: Syntax error
on line 111 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf: Jul 23 10:31:54
acer-suse start_apache2[27762]: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps
misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration

Looking at the /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf installed by the
package, I can see the php_value commands, but this is a file installed
by packman designed to work with opensuse leap 15.0 so why would it use
a command that appears not to be supported by that release? Or am I
supposed to do something else to apache?

I'm also confused why there is a reference to
 <Directory "/var/www/html/data">
in the file. Why hasn't that been changed to
a /srv/ww/htdocs/<whatever>? Is that a mistake or is it deliberate?

The INSTALL file also says I need mod_rewrite but that doesn't seem to
be installed by openSUSE as standard. So am I supposed to edit the
loadmodule.conf file? Are there instructions describing how to get this
package working on Leap 15 somewhere, or is it a guessing game?