[packman] ffmpeg-4 is unresolvable for Leap 42.3

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Fri Aug 10 20:05:38 CEST 2018

Moin,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018, 15:56:42 +0200, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. August 2018, 08:18:57 schrieb Olaf Hering:
> > Someone has to follow the 'if suse_version == 1315' branches in OBS. In PMBS
> > for example, ffnvidia is clearly disabled, still something tries to used it
> > as BuildRequires.
>
> Well, that's what I find strange, it builds fine on OBS, for 42.3 too.
> And AFAICT, the spec file is fine, the unresolvable BuildRequires are indeed
> not enabled for Leap 42.3 AFAICS.
>
> Maybe some PMBS "hiccup"?
> (e.g. that the BuildRequires have not been reevaluated after the changes, or
> something like that...)

yep, as I wrote in another e-mail (see
<http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2018-August/015715.html>),
the value of %suse_version appears to be wrong. Normally, it is defined
in /usr/lib/rpm/suse_macros where it is set to 1315. Still, the package
BuildRequires packages which are conditional on %suse_version being >=
1500.

What's equally strange, looking at the package's build directory at
<https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/binaries/Essentials/A_42.3-ffmpeg-4?repository=openSUSE_Leap_42.3>,
it lists a lot of ffmpeg-3 packages. Can someone please remove all
binaries and manually trigger a rebuild when no package is listed
in that directory anymore? I would do it myself, but I don't have a
Packman account.

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

HTH and TIA, cheers.