[packman] SMPlayer OK, green screen on VLC [solved]

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 21:00:02 CEST 2017

Martin Herkt composed on 2017-10-05 14:17 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Hans-Peter and Rob got me going some days ago with .ts files made from one
>> of the two FTA DVB sources I most often record, by changing in VLC
>> preferences video output from automatic to OpenGL GLX video output:
>> http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2017-September/015398.html

>> From my other primary source, SMPlayer produces expected video, but VLC
>> (either OSS version or Packman version 2.2.6-8.1.x86_64) usually outputs
>> only green, sometimes green with a bunch of blotching as if source was
>> inadequate. If I change back from OpenGL GLX video output to automatic,
>> then output is a constant flashing back & forth between green screen &
>> expected output.

> Uninstall libvdpau_va_gl1.
This fixed it. Thank you! The answer was already in openSUSE forums, but my
Google-Fu wasn't good enough to find it. :-p

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/506960-Black-screen-in-vlc April 2015
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/519716 August 2016

> Disable hardware decoding if problem persists.
Wasn't necessary.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/