[packman] Kodi doesn't play videos with latest ffmpeg

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Tue Nov 21 12:43:55 CET 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, Dave Plater wrote:

> What I don't understand is none of these are related to ffmpeg and why
> tis wasn't a problem before.

Before we try to force a different libffmpeg into kodi, it must be checked
if the other libraries in the kodi process make some use of libffmpeg.
If they do, there will be most likely a runtime conflict and kodi must
be fixed to work with "any" libffmpeg.

In case of no conflict it is likely easier to build a private ffmpeg in
%_libdir/ffmpeg3x and build kodi with RPATH pointing to that directory.

Olaf