[packman] removal of Leap 42.1

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon May 22 11:43:53 CEST 2017

On Mon, 22 May 2017 08:48:30 +0200
Markus Kohm <markus.kohm at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Montag, 22. Mai 2017, 08:37:51 CEST schrieb Olaf Hering:
> > Since Leap 42.1 will receive no further updates via OBS I think it
> > is time to remove it also from PMBS. The existing binaries will
> > (hopefully) remain on the mirrors. This will free resources for
> > Leap 42.3.
>
> Please don't be so quick! Current release is still 42.2. 42.3 is
> still marked as alpha on <https://software.opensuse.org/423/en> .
> IMHO 42.1 shouldn't be removed before release of 42.3.

The files in the published repos will not get deleted, just the
projects in the build system.
At the moment there are only Tumbleweed and openSUSE Leap 42.2 under
support, so it is recommended for everyone to update to one of the
supported distributions.
The current state of packages will still be available, no newer
versions will be built.

Greetings,

Stefan
--